Content Management System
A content management system (CMS) is nothing but a record or tracker of all the contents on your website. These contents can be anything starting from images, logos to videos, and even flash animations. They do not require any skills or expertise to handle or to learn.
It is user-friendly. Do you want the freedom to update your website when and where you please with no maintenance? If you answered yes, then this package is just for you. A CMS not only creates the structure of how information- articles, video, design elements, and images- will be presented, it gives all of the tools for populating a website.
A CMS assists the web editor by providing tools for the creation of content, the publishing of the content, and, ultimately to archiving and storing the content. Depending on the client’s needs and staffing, the CMS can be designed for use by a highly technical webmaster or can be so simple and intuitive that even the most technologically challenged editors can use it effectively.
Joomla Web Development
At GES, we make use of Joomla for website development and as part of E-Commerce solutions. Unlike the HTML driven sites which require the user to learn HTML for the operation and maintenance purposes; the sites developed using Joomla do not require the user to learn it thoroughly to manage the operations. It provides a user-friendly solution for maintaining and managing the websites built upon it.
The striking features that led us into adopting Joomla for website development include:
- Provides efficient time management- We found that it is very easy to build sites using Joomla which can be achieved within a very short span of time. HTML sites took longer time for completion.
- Easy to update- Once the site is launched, the client might require certain modifications or changes to be accommodated in the site according to the changing trends. It offers an opportunity to our clients to extend the functionality by updating the site without having to depend on our developers once the site goes live. The only requirement is familiarity with Microsoft Word.
- Presence of numerous functionalities- Joomla offers more than 4000 plug-ins for improving the functionality of the site. You might require paying thousands of dollars to get these kinds of plug-ins and complicated functionalities installed when using HTML. The addition of the functionalities on to the sites, requires very less time whereas it might take hours when using HTML. All these functionalities are available free of cost.
WordPress Web Development
If you are planning to set up a small business as an online retail store, then surely you need a website that would help in marketing your products easily. We can provide you with a very catchy website that would promote your products well and increase the array of customers who approach to buy your products.
You need not worry about financing the maintenance of these websites if you are in lack of budget as it is free and does not require high technical knowledge to deal with. We have been supporting the need of small businesses by developing websites using WordPress as an Open-Source CMS for them.
Following are some of the key benefits of using WordPress for developing websites:
- Website designs can be customized by changing the themes. A variety of themes are supported by WordPress which can be used for customizing the website designs.
- It is not necessary that you need to be technically literate in handling applications, but with WordPress, numerous plugins are available that would help you in adding newer functionalities. These plugins facilitate Search Engine Optimization, social media campaigning, and much more.
- One of the most striking features is the easy updation facility that it provides. Suppose you have created a new Word Document, you need not research or contact any technical professionals; you can simply add it to your site.
- This facility supports SEO-enhancing search engine traffics.
- Google has always extended its support to websites built on WordPress technology. So, you can expect your website promotion in Google which would help in promoting your site among the category of the top-ranked ones.
- It is highly secure as you can update your WordPress site whenever you need it.
Drupal Web Development
Drupal is one of the other open-source CMS that is available free of cost and easy to operate. It is written in PHP. We make use of Drupal as one of the open-source CMS for back-end purposes in a design.
It is maintained under GNU that is anyone from anywhere in the world can download it, and use it free of cost. We use Drupal to deal with complicated applications to provide an easy interaction for the users. Drupal is also famous for its extensibility feature which allows to include plugins. We use Drupal for a variety of applications right from blogs to huge corporate applications.
Some of the features of using Drupal include:
- Search Engine Optimization.
- Adjusting the color contrast and its intensity.
- Image, picture, and video handling
- Labeling and branding.
- Eliminating duplicate or null tags.
- Functionality involves the drag and drop facility.