We are looking to hire a System Administrator to join the GES team. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, Global Edge Software Ltd is a perfect place to grow your career.
The Server Administrator will be in charge of planning, installing, operating, and optimizing company servers and related components in order to ensure high performance of the numerous business applications provided by tweaking the servers as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and continuous functioning of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Installing and upgrading computer components and software, managing virtual servers, and integrating automated processes
- Run diagnostics, document problems, fixes, prioritize problems and analyze the impact of issues to troubleshoot hardware and software failures.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT employees for new or upgraded IT infrastructure design and implementation
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and establish suitable data protection, disaster recovery, and failover methods
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support activities, ensuring that all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment issues are fixed in a timely and disruption-free manner
- In charge of database capacity, storage planning, and performance
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, system administration, or a closely related field is necessary, as well as equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of database, network, or system administration experience is required.
- A background in system administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related domains is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or an equivalent Strong understanding of system and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools
- A track record of establishing and implementing IT strategies and plans.
- Strong understanding of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery procedures, as well as strong knowledge of adopting and efficiently establishing helpdesk and IT operations best practices