It’s no surprise that a strong interview is a determining factor in securing a new position. The more prepared you are, the more confident you will be, resulting in a better outcome.
So, what are the top five things you should always do before or during an interview?
- Research on the company you are meeting with.
- Make a good first impression.
- Listen and respond accordingly.
- Prepare smart, open-ended questions to ask the interviewer.
- Sell your strengths and expertise.
Now you know what you should do, what are the top five things you should not do at an interview?
- Don’t speak poorly about your present or former employers.
- Don’t falsify information.
- Don’t speak over the interviewer.
- Don’t assume it isn’t an interview.
- Don’t let any past rejections infringe on future ones.
Discover the dos and don’ts here.